Jan 12th, 2021 by wbcccsfaaa
Dana and Dennis previewed topics to be discussed at the quarterly CCCSFAAA executive board meeting later this morning. Afterwards, they covered number of news items:
- A NASFAA article regarding a simulation of the distribution of new HEERF funds to colleges done by ACE and APLU.
- CSAC released a social media toolkit for the statewide Cash for College workshops. Contact CSAC for more info.
- FSA put out an electronic announcement regarding online training on 2021-2022 verification.
- Dana wants to attend the 2021 NASFAA Leadership Symposium. Registration just opened!
- An article on the Chronicle of Higher Education website about how displaced workers have not returned to college during the pandemic.
- The January release of Governor Newsom's 2021-2022 budget for the state of California.
- Dennis provided background information for an article by a KPCC reporter posted to the LAist website.
Dennis offered up an "I Dare You To Read" selection of The Problem With Everything: My Journey Through the New Culture Wars by Meghan Daum.
Find out more about CCCSFAAA at cccsfaaa.org.
Follow CCCSFAAA on Twitter at @CCCSFinaidAssoc.
Have feedback for Dennis and Dana? Got a topic you want us to discuss? Email us at email@example.com.
"What's Brewing, CCCSFAAA?" is a Studio 1051 production. Studio 1051 is a creative collaboration of Dennis Schroeder and Dana Yarbrough.