Jan 5th, 2021 by wbcccsfaaa
Getting back into the swing of things, Dana and Dennis covered a number of news items:
- An article by Mark Kantrowitz in Forbes regarding the FAFSA Simplification Act which was passed as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. Lots of changes coming to the world of federal financial aid.
- NASFAA's Twelve Tools of Compliance.
- NASFAA's Financial Aid Administrator Certification testing window opens Tuesday, January 6th.
- Another Forbes article about the highest earning college graduates and their fields of study.
- An article titled "How Big Government broke higher education: The student loan bubble, explained" on the Foundation for Economic Education website.
Dennis provided an update on the 2021 conference (emails going out soon!), and on the 2021-2022 election cycle for the association.
Dennis closed out the show with an "I Dare You To Listen" selection of the Grateful Dead. Dennis isn't a Dead-Head, but he received a 2-CD "Best of" album from his Secret Santa.
Find out more about CCCSFAAA at cccsfaaa.org.
Follow CCCSFAAA on Twitter at @CCCSFinaidAssoc.
Have feedback for Dennis and Dana? Got a topic you want us to discuss? Email us at email@example.com.
"What's Brewing, CCCSFAAA?" is a Studio 1051 production. Studio 1051 is a creative collaboration of Dennis Schroeder and Dana Yarbrough.